How ruthless are you with your iPhone photos? Do you delete every shot you don’t want to keep on your phone to keep it organized? Because iPhone photographers have limited storage space, staying organized is the first hurdle they must overcome. If you’re super organized, there may come a time when you wish you hadn’t deleted something.
It can be incredibly stressful when you accidentally delete a photo, and you may wonder if you can recover deleted photos from your iPhone, how to recover deleted photos from a backup, or even how to retrieve deleted photos from iCloud.
You can recover photos that have been deleted accidentally if you follow these steps. First of all, do not panic!
How to find deleted photos on iPhone
An iPhone automatically deletes deleted photos. What happens when they are tapped? All of us make mistakes so we store the photos we delete from our phones in an account recently deleted album, where they are saved for 30 days. In other words, you can breathe your first sigh of relief.
How to recover photos from Recently Deleted
- Open the Photos app and tap Albums.
- The Other Albums section can be found by scrolling down and tapping Recently Deleted.
- Deleted photos will be stored here if you’ve deleted them within the last 30 days.
- Choose the photo you want to recover and tap Recover. Your photo will be saved in your Photo Library.
Can you recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone?
Maybe this is the short answer to this question. Whether a photo can be recovered from a backup or if the photo was saved in iCloud is very dependent on whether it is backed up. There is a good chance that you can still retrieve your picture in most cases, but not all.
How to recover deleted photos from iCloud
When you delete a photo while logged into iCloud, the photo will remain on the iCloud platform for 30 days. Depending on why you deleted the photo, you may be able to get it back after 30 days if you were not logged into iCloud at the time. Follow these steps to sign up for iCloud:
- Sign in to iCloud and click on Photos.
- Start your search by checking the Recently Deleted folder.
- Click on Recover to retrieve the photo.
- You may still be able to find your iCloud photo if you’ve been signed out long enough.
- Click on the photo until you find the one you want. You can save the photo to a folder on your computer by clicking the download icon at the top of the screen.
How to retrieve deleted photos from a backup
Backing up your iPhone photos to your Mac may allow you to recover them. I have a tip for you to reduce your chances of losing photos in the future – use iTunes or Finder to backup your iPhone data. You can follow the instructions from Apple Support.
This method has the disadvantage that iTunes will allow you to restore only your entire backup, overwriting your iPhone. It is possible to recover your photo, but you may lose more recent data from your phone.
You can extract photos from your iPhone backup by using a third-party app if you’re only interested in restoring photos. EaseUS MobiSaver is a free app that helps you retrieve lost or deleted photos from iPhone.
- Open EaseUS MobiSaver (this software is available for Macs and PCs from EaseUS).
- Choosing Recover from iTunes, selecting your iPhone from the menu, and clicking Scan are the next steps.
- Upon logging in, you will be able to preview any lost photos. Decide which ones to restore. Save them on your computer in a folder.
Can you recover permanently deleted photos without a backup?
So, you haven’t backed up your iPhone and you deleted your favorite photos months ago. What are your options now? There is another course of action you can take, which requires third-party software. The ultimate data recovery tool, PhoneRescue, can be used as a last resort. One caveat is that your photos will not work if they have been overwritten with other data.
The iPhoneRescue application is available for PCs and Macs. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB port and then scan your device for deleted photos using PhoneRescue. There are two options when restoring deleted data: you can restore all data or only recover lost images. Before restoring a photo, you can preview it.
Deleted photos are a common occurrence, and you might accidentally remove one before realizing that it was important keep it. Hopefully, the solutions outlined in this article will help with the recovery.